Tuesday 17 September 2013

I'm laying in bed feeling pretty positive. After my shaming weigh in at Slimming World (I didn't go last week as I knew that I hadn't stuck to it but instead of trying to put that right before last nights weigh in I stuffed my face with crisps and cake all week! The consequence being that I put on 3.5lbs!) I should be feeling absolutely terrible but I am so excited! I think I must be the type of person that works best with a deadline crashing towards me because I have about 32 days until my Mum gets married and I have to wear a dress and instead of panicking I have seen this as an opportunity to start a few 30 day challenges. Here they are..

1. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD
I am going to start this one tonight. I have never been one for sticking to DVDs for more than three days but I think this is the right place and right time! The best place to buy it seems to be Amazon (Please don't hate me for casually ignoring their tax evading evilness while Looking for bargains that deliver the next day!)


2. 30 Plank Challenge
I am loving the idea of these 'start small and work your way up' style challenges. If you don't know what a plank is then imagine that you are about to do a sit up but instead of bending your arms you put your elbows and forearms on the floor, still with toes down and back, bum and legs off of the floor. Hang on I'd better find a diagram!
 
I started yesterday morning with 20 seconds and as soon as I have finished this I am going to do it again. It doesn't sound like a lot but believe me, someone with as little upper body and core strength as me can really feel it! Here is the challenge


3. 30 Day Squat Challenge

This is along the same lines as before but with squats. I have never really done squats but I found last night that they really are something that you can feel working straight away!! Even this morning I have woken up with satisfyingly aching outer thighs and upper butt cheeks!! Here is the challenge


I got the 30 Day Challenges here

4. I bought a ROWING MACHINE!!!!!


How cool is that?! It's only a light weight at home type one but it does the job! I have a pretty 'untoned' back and I am hoping this will help a little bit. When I'm rowing I can really feel it in my belly too. I try to pull my belly button into my back and hold my shoulder blades together, it's pretty tricky to try and do it all at once and sometimes I feel like a wally but hopefully it will work!! I got it here

5. Eating well!

With Slimming World I don't really have an excuse, it's so easy to follow and some of the recipes are delicious! Maybe I should start recording what I eat? I don't know, I'll keep you posted!!



No comments:

Post a Comment